- Created on Friday, 25 March 2011 19:57
- Last Updated on Thursday, 09 August 2012 12:59
- Written by Administrator
This template provides some backend parameters for convenient template management. Navigate Extensions->Template Manager and click on the proper template name to set up template parameters.
Customizing Joomla! Template JooStar
How to change Top logo
The logo JooStar Template is default sample image logo and you are free to replace with your own. The logo image file is called logo.png and located in folder joomla_root_folder/templates/joostar_joomez/images/color/logo.png. There are 3 stages involved in changing the default logo to your own:
Step 1: Prepare your own logo image file
First, you need to prepare your own logo image file in some graphic editor like Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks. We recommend you to save your logo in format PNG.
Step 2: Upload logo image file to your server - folder: joomla_root_folder/templates/joostar_joomez/images/color/
If you uploaded your logo to template’s images folder overwriting the original file.
Step 3: Setup template parameter to use new logo
You can also use the parameter for a text logo
1. Go to template manager by menu Extensions -> Template Manager.
2. Click on template name JooStar Joomla Joomez Template.
3. Here in the Template Edit page you will see the list of template parameters in section Parameters. You need to configure following parameters:
Type - select type of logo: Image or Text (default is image).
If you have chosen Type: Text, need in the fields below enter the name of your site.
Click button Save.
Configuration Main Superfish Menu
The main drop-down menu is adaptation of popular Superfish menu to Joomla! CMS. By just combination XHTML and CSS it allows you to have clean accessible XHTML code structure and simple yet effective drop-down menu effect. Please make following steps:
1. In module manager click on the menu module you want to use as main menu module. By default, Joomla! 2.5 comes with various menu modules and there is Main Menu module among them. That might be the perfect choice.
2. In module’s configuration page setup following parameters:
Title: Main Menu (or any other you like)
Show title: No
Menu Assignment: On all pages
Select Menu: mainmenu (you might want to use another menu source here)
Start Level: 1
End Level: All
Show sub-menu Items: Yes
Drop-down horizontal menus and unlimited sub-menus can be defined.
JooStar Template Color Styles
4 color styles (dark blue, green, orange and violet)
15 custom Google Fonts
Choose between 15 custom headings fonts. Pick your favorite Google Font Faces.